The farm assistant helps with crop production as well as distribution and marketing. They will be responsible for CSA deliveries, restaurant deliveries, vending at farmer’s markets, and assisting with all aspects of crop production and distribution.
- Strong work ethic
- Minimum of 1 year experience on a commercial farm
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly, bend at the knees and back, and walk throughout the day
- Accurately follow directions
- Be friendly and helpful with customers and staff
- Enjoy cooking and talking about it
- Ability to work outdoors for 8 hours at a time
- Clean driving record
- Help with planting, harvesting, and cultivating field crops
- Help with washing, sorting, weighing, and packing produce
- Deliver produce to CSA drop-off points and restaurants
- Vend at farmer’s market
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor
Supervised by farm owners. Works closely with farm owners and other farm workers. Once well trained will be given sole responsibility of some tasks.
Tentative Schedule through December:
Tuesday 12 - 5; Tuscaloosa CSA deliveries
Wednesday 7-3; Field and packing shed work
Thursday 8-4; Birmingham deliveries
Friday 7-3; Field and packing shed work
Saturday 5 a.m. – 3 p.m.; Birmingham farmer’s market
After December the schedule will become more flexible with 1 farmer's market on Saturdays, restaurant deliveries on Thursdays, field work, harvest, washing, packing, and infrastructure work in between.
Starting at $12/hour with the possibility of a performance- based raise
Access to an abundance of high quality, delicious produce
Access to our vast library and educational resources
Opportunity for advancement
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.